- Team Name: Team Bahrain
- Sponsors: Economic Development Board Bahrain
- Based in: Manama, Bahrain
- Founded: 2012
- Team Category: 3rd Overall (372 points)
- Mohammed Mattar: 5th Overall, 2nd in Silver Category (181 points, 2 Podiums in 11 races)
- Raed Raffii: 11th Overall, 5th in Silver Category (89 points, 1 podium in 6 races)
- Shk Jaber Al Khalifa: 22nd Overall (3 races only)
- Shk Salman bin Rashid Al Khalifa: 18th overall (2 races only)
- Shk Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa: 23rd Overall (2 races only)
Team Summary and Description
Team Bahrain was founded in 2012, prior to the fourth season of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East under the patronage of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
With the organization of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East based at the Bahrain International Circuit, the introduction of Team Bahrain, with two cars branded in the colors of the Kingdom, was a further step in the great relation between Lechner Racing and its host country.
In its first season 2012/2013 different drivers from the Kingdom had the chance to represent their home country. The driver line-up consisting of Shk Salman bin Rashid Al Khalifa, champion of 2010/2011, Shk Jaber bin Ali Al Khalifa, Shk Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, Mohammed Mattar and Raed Raffii showed various strong performances and claimed the 3rd Place overall in the Drivers Standings.
Team Bahrain is also planned as platform for young Bahraini drivers to aim for in the future and take the next step in their racing career.
After 3rd Place in the Team Category in season 2012/2013 that objective for 2013/2014 is to defend this position.
In the Drivers Standings a position in the Top 5 for one driver and the Top 10 for the other.